CityServe 2014: Diverse City
CityServe 2014 was a wonderful opportunity to learn about the international community in our city. We heard inspiring stories from refugees, insightful presentations by ministry partners, beautiful music led by Ceasar Lomo, and challenging sermons from both Bryan Loritts and Dr. Soong-Chan Rah. On Saturday, more than 550 people participated in serving with 12 different ministry partners. If you weren't able to make it, resources from the weekend are available below.
CityServe 2014 Media
- "From Sudan to Memphis," Ruth Lomo (Wednesday night video)
- "Stories of Internationals in Our City," (Friday night video)
- "Engaging the World in Memphis," Bryan Loritts (Friday night)
- Panel Discussion (Friday night)
- "The Next Evangelism," Dr. Soong-Chan Rah (Sunday morning)
- "The Necessity of Lament," Dr. Soong-Chan Rah (Sunday evening)
Each year near the end of September, we take a weekend to concentrate on a particular issue in our city in order to increase our understanding, and to examine ways in which we could help bring restoration. In the past we have focused on the under-resourced; church partners working in different neighborhoods of the city; education; and refugees and immigrants.