Ways to Begin Serving Today
Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"
Martin Luther King, Jr
Advance Memphis Needs
Immediate volunteer needs at Advance Memphis for the month of March. If you are looking to get connected to what God is doing in the 38126 community, please respond!
1. Champion for the March/April Jobs for Life class - Need: one female Champion for the upcoming Jobs for Life class. It begins on March 18.
2. Lunch Providers for the March/April Jobs for Life class. You can sign-up directly online here; or contact Amanda Coop, for more information about the dates.
3. Computer Lab Assistants to help with basic computer skills and resume prep for the March/April Jobs for Life class on Tuesday mornings.
You can view brief explanations for some of the opportunities on our website www.advancememphis.org
NCC Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities/Events
Out of the Box volunteers are needed. Out of the Box is a program that teaches purity and financial literacy to middle school and high school students. Volunteers are needed to help with meals, teach sessions, etc.
Upcoming Out of the Box dates are:
- Friday, March 6th (6p-8p)
Interested in Out of the Box, contact Ashley Davenport at 901-881-6013 or by email to for more information.
Other fun and important events at the NCC:
- Spring Jam - Thursday, March 12th - Saturday, March 14th (Shifts Available)
- ACT Workshop - Saturday, March 28th - (8 am - 3 pm) (Shifts Available)
- Quiz-a-thon Bible Trivia- Saturday, May 2nd (8:30 am - 12)
- Summer Day Camp - Monday, June 1st - Friday, July 3rd
- After school programs- Monday - Thursday - 2:30 pm - 5 pm at various sites
Contact Pamela Cox at 901-881-6013, ext 115 or
to sign up or for more information.
MNM Is a Christian Outreach that serves refugees and immigrants who need help understanding and acclimating to this culture, achieving academic success and experiencing the love of Christ. MNM’s main target area or the children and families of Bruce Elementary.
Reading and Homework programs start the week of February 2. 1548 Poplar (the MLF Building, enter on the east end off Willett for MNM) and help these kids learn to read and do their homework. We have all the materials needed -- all we REALLY need is YOU! Just an hour a week not only will make a huge difference in their lives ...but, even more, in your own.
- Monday Night Reading - 5:45-7:00 pm (one on one reading with all ages)
- Tuesday & Thursday Homework Help - 3:30-5:00 pm (elementary age students – you can do it)
- Wednesday Bible Club - 3:30 - 5:00 pm (elementary age Bible Club)
World Relief "Spring Cleaning Drive"
Part of World Relief's role as a resettlement agency is to prepare housing for refugees new to Memphis. Needed items to furnish homes include sofas, chairs, coffee tables, kitchen tables, lamps, and microwaves, and tea kettles. World Relief will accept any of these gently used items. World Relief will accept donations at its new office space located at the Deerfield Building (3340 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111). Items can be dropped off in front of the building on March 24th or March 26th from 4:00-6:00 pm or March 25th from 11:00 am-2:00 pm. Desired items can also be purchased at World Relief's Amazon Wish List . For a full list of items and more information, visit worldreliefmemphis.org/springcleaning or call 901-341-0225.
In the aftermath of winter storm Octavia,The Salvation Army Canteen, a mobile food kitchen, was deployed to a warming station on Park Avenue. Together with their shelter and disaster team, they helped serve several hundred Memphians in their time of need. Your donations help support their ongoing shelter programs, disaster services and shelter meals. In the cold of night, in the light of day, they are there. Please help us continue to meet the needs of Memphis, today and every day. Your generosity is greatly appreciated! Please go online to www.salvationarmymemphis.org or send a check to 696 Jackson Ave, Memphis 38105
Urban Young Life, YoungLives Program "ministry to teen moms"
Ministry is growing and more schools are calling for UYL to impact the population of teen moms in our public schools. Through UYL ministry young moms are making some positive decisions that are healthy for them and their babies. Our job training program has allowed UYL to place 2 teen moms at Chick fil A on Union whose partnering with us in ministry to provide jobs. Contact Danita Calhoun at . These are our needs:
1.Mentors to mentor teen moms
2.Baby Bucks Store, Continual Need diapers all sizes, baby and female hygiene products, boys and girls clothing for infants up to 4 toddlers, baby beds, blankets, towels, children’s books, Bibles (ESV or version they can understand), bouncers, pack & plays.
3.Sponsorship for summer camp July 29, 2015-August 3, 2015 in Goshen, VA. Ten (10) teen moms and babies are going.
Disaster Relief Training Audio Presented by Brent Stenberg