It is important to know that we hold to a very high view of the covenant of marriage. The marriage relationship between one man and one woman has been designed by God and brings grace and blessing to those who are willing to follow the pattern given for it in the Scriptures.
Because of this, we view the wedding process as a ministry for which we are responsible before God and His Word. With this in mind, we desire to help couples build strong foundations for a lifetime of marriage, as well as to assist in planning for a beautiful and joyful wedding day.
Two Key Guidelines
In seeking to answer questions you may have regarding our wedding process, there are two things that we would like you to know:
First, because of the demanding schedule for the use of the facilities of Second Presbyterian Church, we have found it necessary to limit the reservations for weddings to members of the congregation and their children.
Second, to gain the greatest benefit from premarital preparation, and to allow reasonable time for wedding planning, we recommend beginning this process at least six months before an anticipated wedding date.
The Wedding Process at Second
The following is a description of the key steps in our process:
- Contact the Wedding Assistant to receive a Wedding Guide and request a provisional wedding date.
- Contact the office of the minister whom you wish to officiate, and set an initial meeting.
- Read through the Wedding Guide thoroughly.
- Meet with the minister as a couple.
- Complete and return the reservation form R-1, obtained from the staff wedding coordinator in the Bridal Binder, with appropriate fees, to the Wedding Assistant.
- Meet with your Wedding Director to review your completed Wedding Plan form.
- Complete and return agreement forms with photographer, videographer, florist and caterer to Wedding Assistant no later than one month before the wedding date.
- Complete your premarital counseling process with minister.
A detailed Wedding Guide is available — this includes complete information on all aspects of our process, including facilities, fees and all necessary forms.
If you would like to request a copy of the Wedding Guide or inquire further about the wedding process at Second, please contact Rachel Walker at 507-7883 or email .