On-campus Morning Worship Has Resumed!
We reopened our campus for morning worship at 8:15 and 11:00am on June 21. Live streaming also continues to be available for the morning services.
For now, we will continue to only worship online for our 6:00 p.m. service and will not host Sunday School/CCs on campus.
We'd like to know you're coming to help us gauge seating capacity and allow for safe social distancing. Please register for a service time below. You may also use this link to let us know if you plan to continue worshipping at home at this time.
A few other things to note:
- Masks are required to worship in the Sanctuary (masks are available, if needed).
- Those not wearing a mask will be asked to worship in the Chapel (live video feed from the Sanctuary will be shown). If you intend to worship in the Chapel, please enter through the exterior Chapel doors or through the West Entrance.
- Our nursery is closed. Wiggling in the pews by our young worshippers is ok!
- Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet in our hallways and sit in family groups in the pews, leaving appropriate distance between your group and others. Every other pew will be closed off.
- If you are ill, considered at-risk, or are simply don't feel comfortable attending in-person yet, please continue to worship from home via our live stream.
- We will not pass the offering plate, and communion will not be served at this time.
Questions while on campus? Look for a volunteer or staff member wearing a red "Welcome" badge!
Congregational Communities are the best way to get involved in community at 2PC. During the pandemic, we are staying connected in a number of different ways:
- Cornerstone: Cornerstone is meeting each Sunday at 10:00am via Zoom. This time consists of a devotional, share time, and prayer. In addition, we send out a weekly email to the class with important communication points, prayer requests, and content. Contact Trey Jones at
for more information.
- Growing in Grace: Growing in Grace is meeting weekly on Sundays at 10:00am online for a time of teaching and prayer. Contact Debbie Perkins for details at .
- Acts 2:42: The class meets Sundays at 9:45am via Zoom. There is a 2:42@2PC Facebook group for connecting and prayer requests. The weekly lesson in Colossians is posted there and emailed to each member every weekend. Please contact Howard Graham 901-240-2111 or for details.
- Cana: There is a weekly email newsletter, keeping everyone connected with important class information, service opportunities, and occasionally humor. Weekly video lessons are sent out by the teachers on select passages from the Psalms. Weekly ZOOM discussion groups for the videos meet on Sunday nights at 8:00pm.
- Chapel Class: The Chapel Class stays connected through phone and email. They also participate in Sunday Bible study through Zoom or an emailed audio file. For more info, contact Kathy Oswalt at (901) 531-6175 or Gerry Peak at (901) 507-4485.
- Community for Life: There is a weekly Zoom CC time of teaching and discussion every Sunday at 10:00am. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Emmaus: Emmaus is meeting each Sunday at 10:00am via Zoom for our normal CC hour, as well as during the week in our small groups. Contact Drew Willson at for details.
- Sojourners: Contact Pastor David Bowen at or at (901) 507-4489 or contact Lisa Grace at (901) 531-6181.
- Single Adults @ Second: This class stays connected through phone and email. They participate in Sunday Bible study through Zoom. For more info, contact Kathy Oswalt at (901) 531-6175 or Gerry Peak at (901) 507-4485.
- Covenant Women’s Bible Study: This class stays connected through phone and email. The teacher emails an audio file of their Sunday Bible study to class members. For more info, contact Kathy Oswalt at 901-531-6175 or Gerry Peak at (901) 507-4485.
- Crossroads: Crossroads is staying together through Zoom community group and small group meetings. For information on getting connected, email email@example.com.
- Foundations: Foundations is meeting weekly on Sundays at 10:00am online. Contact Rachel Walker for details at
- Faith Works: Contact Pastor David Bowen at or at (901) 507-4489 or contact Administrative Professional Lisa Grace at (901) 531-6181.
- Fellowship: The Fellowship Class is meeting weekly via Zoom for prayer during the normal CC hour. Contact Marilyn Whittemore for details at .
- Growing in Grace
- International Christian Fellowship: ICF meets each week via Zoom. Contact Mike Rhodes at for details.
- Jeb Russell: This class stays connected through phone and email, and participates in Sunday Bible study through Zoom or emailed audio file. For more info, contact Kathy Oswalt at (901) 531-6175 or Gerry Peak at (901) 507-4485.
- Refuge: Refuge is meeting weekly on Sundays at 10:00am online. Contact Rachel Walker for details at
- Continuing to give during this time is so important.
- Online giving is easy! Set it up by clicking here.
- Text the word SECOND followed by the gift amount to (901) 410-9500.
- Mail your gift to: Second Presbyterian Church, 4055 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111
Daily Encouragement Online
There are many ways to stay connected to our church family during this time as well as ways to be encouraged through Scripture by our pastors and staff.
- Read Pastor's George's weekday devotions.
- Watch Daily Video Devotions from our staff.
- Follow @2pckids on Instagram for fun ways to learn Scripture, art projects, and more.
- Follow @2pctruenorth on Instagram for encouragement and entertainment from our Youth Ministry.
- Follow @2pcwomeninministry on Instagram to stay up to date on the opportunities for Bible Study online.
- Follow @2PC PDO on Facebook for updates about our Parents' Day Out program and for videos from our teachers.
- Follow the church for updates, as well:
Frozen Meals Available
Stop by our kitchen Monday–Friday from 9am–2pm (enter through the Fellowship Hall, just inside our West Entrance), and grab meals for you and/or for neighbors. The menu includes entrees, sides; soups; and desserts. Advance reservations are not required. NOTE: Debit and Credit Cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay Only (no cash or checks, please).
Use This Card to Help a Neighbor If you are able, print a few flyers (pdf download here) and leave them on the front doors of houses in your neighborhood. This is a great way to serve those who live near you and might not be able to get to the grocery or simply need someone to talk to by phone.