Worship on Sundays
Our campus is open for Sunday morning worship at 8:15 & 11:00am and Sunday evening worship at 6:00pm. If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, are considered at-risk, or don't feel comfortable attending in-person, we encourage you to live stream our services. RSVPs are not required to attend on-campus worship.
As of August 17, 2021, indoor masking is strongly recommended for all individuals over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status.
This policy adjustment is in response to the steady increase of COVID-19 transmission, cases, and hospitalizations in our county caused by the Delta variant, even among vaccinated individuals. We are grateful for your continued graciousness and perseverance through these challenging times as we seek to play our part in relieving our overburdened healthcare system and protecting our children and others who are ineligible for vaccination. This change is consistent with CDC recommendations, Shelby County Health Department directives, and medical professionals within our church family. Please join us in loving our neighbors in this tangible way.
Our nursery is available at the 8:15am service and during the CC hour to ages three and under and at the 6:00pm service to ages four and under. Starting Sunday, August 15, nursery registration is no longer required, but masks are highly encouraged among all adults and children over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status.
On-Campus Mask Policy
An updated mask policy goes into effect Tuesday, August 17. The policy is as follows:
- All individuals, regardless of age or vaccination status, are highly encouraged to wear masks while on our church campus for all worship services and events.
- Social distancing between family units continues to be recommended.
- Every other pew in the back floor section of our Sanctuary will continue to be roped off for those who prefer greater distancing.
- All pastors, liturgists, singers, and musicians serving on Sundays in the Chancel are vaccinated and will resume wearing masks.
- Volunteers serving in our Children’s Ministry (nursery and children’s Sunday School), regardless of vaccination status, will continue to wear masks when in the rooms with children, per the CDC’s recommendation.
- Some of our adult Congregational Communities are meeting on campus on Sunday mornings, and others continue to meet online. Click here for a full list of CCs or contact your CC leaders directly for more information.
- Continuing to give during this time is so important.
- Place your offering in boxes at the Sanctuary exits while on campus.
- Online giving is easy! Set it up by clicking here.
- Text the word SECOND followed by the gift amount to (901) 410-9500.
- Mail your gift to:
Second Presbyterian Church,
4055 Poplar Avenue,
Memphis, TN 38111
There are many ways to stay connected to our church family during this time as well as ways to be encouraged through Scripture by our pastors and staff.
- Follow @2pckids on Instagram for fun ways to learn Scripture, art projects, and more.
- Follow @2pctruenorth on Instagram for encouragement and entertainment from our Youth Ministry.
- Follow the church for updates, as well: