Updated News for Our Congregation:
- On Sunday, the TODAY Show's Willie Geist shared the video of our choir members singing hymns to Kathe Russell. Watch the video here.
- While unable to gather together, 2PC kids found their own creative way to celebrate the triumphal entry of Jesus with loud hosannas and palm branch waving. Watch the video here.
- Effective on April 2, local authorities are enforcing the Governor's "Stay at Home" order. View the details of the order here.
- At 3pm on April 1, Pastor George Robertson gave remarks regarding the death of Pastor Tim Russell due to complications related to COVID-19. Watch that video here.
- Worship services have been moved online until further notice.
- Frozen meals are available at the West Entrance. See below for menu and details.
- Effective at 6pm on March 24, the City of Memphis is under a "Safer at Home" order. View the details of the order here.
- Church programming outside of livestream worship is cancelled until further notice. This includes Sports, Fitness Center, and Parents' Day Out.
Tune-in to Worship Services
- Weekly 8:15am, 11:00am and 6:00pm services will continue to be live streamed each Sunday at 2pc.org/live
- Pre-recorded worship services will air each Sunday on local Memphis WREG TV at 10:00am.
- The 11am service on Sundays will also broadcast via the radio on Memphis stations 1210AM and 103.1FM.
Holy Week Updates
The following is our online worship schedule for Holy Week and Easter Sunday. Visit our Easter page for more details.
- Maundy Thursday: April 9, 6:00pm online home communion service
We will be celebrating the Lord's Supper together in our homes. Pastor Barton Kimbro has written this article on how to prepare for observing communion in your house.
- Good Friday: April 10, 12:00pm online service
We will also participate as a congregation in the Good Friday Day of Prayer and Fasting along with our sister denominations. Learn more here.
- Easter Sunday: April 12, 8:15am and 11:00am online services
- These Holy Week/Easter services and events are cancelled: Weekday Lenten Lunches; Monday–Thursday noon services; the Egg Hunt; and the Sunrise Service at Memphis Botanic Garden.
- Continuing to give during this time is so important.
- Online giving is easy! Set it up by clicking here.
- Text the word SECOND followed by the gift amount to (901) 410-9500.
- Mail your gift to:
Second Presbyterian Church
4055 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111
Daily Encouragement Online
There are many ways to stay connected to our church family during this time as well as ways to be encouraged through Scripture by our pastors and staff.
- Read Pastor's George's weekday devotions.
- Watch Daily Video Devotions from our staff.
- Follow @2pckids on Instagram for fun ways to learn Scripture, art projects, and more.
- Follow @2pctruenorth on Instagram for encouragement and entertainment from our Youth Ministry.
- Follow @2pcwomeninministry on Instagram to stay up to date on the opportunities for Bible Study online.
- Follow @2PC PDO on Facebook for updates about our Parents' Day Out program and for videos from our teachers.
- Follow the church for updates, as well:
Protective Masks Project
Help meet the need for protective masks by serving in a few tangible ways. As many of you have seen on the news, several 2PC members are engaged in serving those on the front lines by making protective masks.
If you are interested in helping, please fill out this form to let the Domestic Outreach team know.
Frozen Meals Available
Stop by our kitchen Monday–Friday from 9am–2pm (enter through the Fellowship Hall, just inside our West Entrance), and grab meals for you and/or for neighbors.
The menu includes entrees such as lasagna and chicken alfredo; sides; soups; and desserts. Advance reservations are not required.
NOTE: Debit and Credit Cards Only
Use This Card to Help a Neighbor If you are able, print a few flyers (pdf download here) and leave them on the front doors of houses in your neighborhood. This is a great way to serve those who live near you and might not be able to get to the grocery or simply need someone to talk to by phone.