Maintenance Staff Position
Maintenance Staff provide general maintenance and preventive maintenance to the equipment of Second Presbyterian Church (2PC) for both on-campus and off-campus locations, and for inside and outside areas. Interested applicants may stop by the church at 4055 Poplar Avenue during office hours (Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm) to complete an application.
View the Maintenance Staff Position Description
Parents’ Day Out Teachers
Would you like a part-time job teaching children about Jesus? Parent’s Day Out is currently accepting applications for teaching positions and substitutes. Please contact Sha Deme at (901) 507-7891 or for more information.
Responsibilities include cleaning and preparing church facilities for worship services, meetings and events, office use, and more. Duties include but are not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, trash removal, lavatory cleaning, paper restocking, and sanitizing.
Candidates must communicate well with other staff and church congregation. Candidates must follow detailed expectations and daily work assignments for specific assigned areas of the church. The ideal candidates is self-motivated, independent, and a careful planner, able to ensure each day’s work is complete before leaving.
Housekeeping experience in a church or school is preferred but not required. A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Interested applicants may stop by the church at 4055 Poplar Avenue during office hours (Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm) to complete an application.
Digital Content Manager
Second Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time, highly motivated, creative individual with strong communication and organizational skills to support the mission of the church and its related ministries.
The Content Manager serves on the Communications Team and is responsible for all social media channels for the church and its ministries on multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.); serves as a copywriter for all congregational emails, including the weekly Messenger newsletter; publishes weekly sermon clips; develops small-scale videos for social media use; and helps keep website content up to date.
The ideal candidate is passionate about powerful storytelling and championing the vision of the many ministries of Second. This team member is driven by a desire to create and share compelling content that can have an immediate and long-lasting influence for Christ.
Second Presbyterian places a high value on excellence and offers a competitive salary based on experience.
Reports to Director of Communications & Technology
40 hours per week; salary with benefits
- Serves alongside a team that includes a production manager, art director, A/V coordinator, and freelancers
- Manages social media channels for the ministries of Second Presbyterian, including 2PC, Women in Ministry, Youth, 2PC Sports, Kids at Second, Music at Second, and others as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to generate resources for social media posts. This may include providing guidelines to enable departments to post within strategic parameters.
- Works with volunteer photographers for special events to create archive of content
- Plans social media advertising strategies
- Attends “Big Rock” events to cover them journalistically
- Monitors and responds to social media comments; assists with direct messages as needed
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Creative Writing, or related field. Professional experience in the field is an acceptable substitute if Bachelor’s degree is in another discipline.
- Minimum two years experience preferred in content development for for print/social/online
- Excellent grammar and spelling with the ability to proof and edit their own and others’ writing
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Manage time and schedules well, and meet deadlines consistently
- Capable of handling several tasks at once with thorough follow through
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, terms and strategies
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking
- Ability to take and upload digital photos; Photography and/or design experience is a plus
- Ability to embrace the vision & values of Second Presbyterian Church
Please submit all resume and campaign writing samples to email@example.com