The mission of the Second Presbyterian Church Sport and Recreation Ministry is to glorify God and build His church by using sports, fitness, and recreational activities to provide an environment for Christian fellowship, personal evangelism, and service to our city.
Registration for Winter Sports is now closed.
Junior Kindergarten (JK) Boys: All sessions will be on Friday evenings at 5:00pm from January 7, 2022 through February 11, 2022. During the first two sessions, the boys will rotate through “Skills and Drills” stations where they will be introduced to basketball fundamentals (shooting, passing, dribbling). The remaining four sessions will be games against the other 2PC teams.
SK Boys: All practices and games will be on Friday evenings at 6:00pm from January 7, 2022 through February 11, 2022. We utilize the same format as the JK Boys for this age group.
JK/SK Girls: All practices and games will be on Friday evenings from from January 7, 2022 through February 11, 2022. Time TBD. We utilize a similar format as the JK and SK Boys for the JK/SK girls.
1st-6th Grade Boys and Girls: Practices will be on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday evenings (time/day to be determined by each team’s volunteer coach). Practices will most likely begin the week of November 15, 2021. Games will be played on Saturdays starting December 4. After taking a short break for the holidays, we will continue with the season on January 8.
other helpful registration information
- We form all of our team rosters off of friend requests. Due to this extremely dynamic process, we do NOT guarantee that you will get either one of your requests fulfilled.
- Please make sure the email you register with on your ACTIVE account is the best one to reach you.
- Be aware that there are multiple pages on the ACTIVE registration page (don't panic if you do not see your child’s grade at first... look through all the pages!).
- For kindergarten specifically, please ensure that you sign up for the correct grade: either Junior Kindergarten (JK) or Senior Kindergarten (SK). JK is typically for ages 4-5, while SK is typically for ages 5-6.
Contact James Boone at with questions.
fitness Center & Track
Our Recreation Building has a fully furnished fitness room with fixed weight machines, free weights and 13 stations for cardiovascular workouts, plus a stretching table. Also, we have a rubberized 1/12 mile walking track.
Reservations are required to visit the Fitness Center and the Track. The main doors into the building are locked at all times, so please make a reservation so we know when to expect you and open the doors when you arrive. Upon arrival, please use the button to the side of the exterior building door to request entry.
- Fitness Center and Track reservations can be made here:
Fitness Center ReservationTrack Reservation
- Additionally, a membership to the Fitness Center is required. An annual membership fee to the Fitness Center ($85 per person; $125 per family) and Track ($20 per person) is required. Membership renewals are due each January. If a new member joins during the year, a pro-rated cost is available. Call Recreation (901-454-0034, ext. 158) for the pro-rated price if signing up before or after January.
Pay Fitness Center Fees
- Members must utilize the provided Clorox wipes to clean each piece of equipment after each use. Members should stay 6 feet apart from one another while in the Fitness Center.
Sports Weather Information Line
For weather information on games/practices that will be going on at Second Presbyterian Church please call our weather line at (901) 507-7888. The weather line is updated by 2:30pm on the weekdays and at 8:00am on Saturday mornings.