The mission of the Second Presbyterian Church Sport and Recreation Ministry is to glorify God and build His church by using sports, fitness, and recreational activities to provide an environment for Christian fellowship, personal evangelism, and service to our city.
Spring sports Season
SK-6th Soccer: For boys and girls between Senior Kindergarten and 6th grade. Teams will practice one night a week starting in the end of March (day/time determined by coach) and games will be on Saturdays, starting April 10, for a total of 6 games. This league will play 6v6 with a goalie and 12 player maximum on the roster.
- PK Boys–Tuesdays at 5pm
- PK Girls–Thursdays at 5pm
- JK Boys–Mondays at 5pm
- JK Girls–Fridays at 5:45pm
Team Roster Formation Info: ALL rosters will be created based off friend requests. Even though we spend lots of time and effort to create teams that are split off of the requests, you are NOT GUARANTEED to get your friend request(s).
fitness Center & Track
Our Recreation Building has a fully furnished fitness room with fixed weight machines, free weights and 13 stations for cardiovascular workouts, plus a stretching table. Also, we have a rubberized 1/12 mile walking track.
New guidelines and procedures are in place due to COVID-19 restrictions:
- The Fitness Center and Track are open for limited times, Monday–Saturday, and a limited number of people are allowed per 45-minute time slot (5 in the Fitness Center; 1 on the Track).
- Reservations are required to visit and must be made 24 hours in advance using the links below.
Fitness Center ReservationTrack Reservation
- A membership to the Fitness Center is required. An annual membership donation to the Fitness Center ($85 per person; $125 per family) and Track ($20 per person) is requested. Membership renewals are due each January. If a new member joins during the year, a pro-rated cost is available. Complete this form to join. (Copies are also available at the Recreation front desk.)
Pay Fitness Center Fees
Upon arrival, please use the button to the side of the exterior building door to request entry. All will be screened by our staff upon entry to the facility. Persons with a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted to use the facilities. Masks must be worn while entering/exiting but may be taken off once inside the Fitness Center or Track.
- Please print and sign this waiver upon your first arrival. (Copies are also available at the Recreation front desk.)
- Other important details: The water station is closed; please bring a water bottle from home. Towels are no longer provided. Members may only use one piece of equipment at a time (no circuit style stations or super sets; the entire dumbbell rack is considered one “piece”). Members MUST clean each piece of equipment after each use. Members should stay 6 feet apart from one another while in the Fitness Center.
Sports Weather Information Line
For weather information on games/practices that will be going on at Second Presbyterian Church please call our weather line at (901) 507-7888. The weather line is updated by 2:30pm on the weekdays and at 8:00am on Saturday mornings.