The mission of the Second Presbyterian Church Sport and Recreation Ministry is to glorify God and build His church by using sports, fitness, and recreational activities to provide an environment for Christian fellowship, personal evangelism, and service to our city.
Winter Basketball Season
Registration for Winter Basketball is closed. Details about the season are listed below. Please carefully read the COVID policy linked below. Questions? Contact Austin Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JK Boys: All sessions will be on Fridays at 5pm beginning January 8, 2021 and ending February 9 (the last game on 2/9 will be played on a Tuesday night due to winter break that Friday). During the first two sessions, the boys will rotate through “Skills and Drills” stations where they will get a good introduction to the basic skills and format of basketball. The remaining 4 sessions will be games against the other 2PC teams.
SK Boys: All practices and games will be on Fridays at 6pm beginning January 8, 2021 and ending February 9 (the last game on 2/9 will be played on a Tuesday night due to winter break that Friday). We utilize the same format as the JK Boys for this age group as well.
JK/SK Girls: All practices and games will be on Friday evenings. Time TBD beginning January 8, 2021 and ending February 9. We utilize a similar format as the JK Boys for this group as well.
1st-8th Boys and Girls: Practices will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thurdays (time/day determined later by your team’s volunteer coach) and will likely begin on the week of November 16, 2020. Games will be played on Saturdays and we will have 2 games in December on the 5th and 12th, and starting back on January 9th, teams will play approximately 5 more games in the new year.
fitness Center & Track
Our Recreation Building has a fully furnished fitness room with fixed weight machines, free weights and 13 stations for cardiovascular workouts, plus a stretching table. Also, we have a rubberized 1/12 mile walking track.
New guidelines and procedures are in place due to COVID-19 restrictions:
- The Fitness Center and Track are open for limited times, Monday–Saturday, and a limited number of people are allowed per 45-minute time slot (5 in the Fitness Center; 1 on the Track).
- Reservations are required to visit and must be made 24 hours in advance using the links below.
Fitness Center ReservationTrack Reservation
- A membership to the Fitness Center is required. An annual membership donation to the Fitness Center ($85 per person; $125 per family) and Track ($20 per person) is requested. Membership renewals are due each January. If a new member joins during the year, a pro-rated cost is available. Complete this form to join. (Copies are also available at the Recreation front desk.)
Upon arrival, please use the button to the side of the exterior building door to request entry. All will be screened by our staff upon entry to the facility. Persons with a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted to use the facilities. Masks must be worn while entering/exiting but may be taken off once inside the Fitness Center or Track.
- Please print and sign this waiver upon your first arrival. (Copies are also available at the Recreation front desk.)
- Other important details: The water station is closed; please bring a water bottle from home. Towels are no longer provided. Members may only use one piece of equipment at a time (no circuit style stations or super sets; the entire dumbbell rack is considered one “piece”). Members MUST clean each piece of equipment after each use. Members should stay 6 feet apart from one another while in the Fitness Center.
Sports Weather Information Line
For weather information on games/practices that will be going on at Second Presbyterian Church please call our weather line at (901) 507-7888. The weather line is updated by 2:30pm on the weekdays and at 8:00am on Saturday mornings.