The mission of the Second Presbyterian Church Sport and Recreation Ministry is to glorify God and build His church by using sports, fitness, and recreational activities to provide an environment for Christian fellowship, personal evangelism, and service to our city.
Spring sports: Season details
SK-6th Grade Soccer
Teams will practice one night per week starting the week of March 7 (day/time determined by coach), and games will be on Saturdays starting March 26. There will be a total of 6 games.
PK & JK Soccer
For boys and girls that are in Pre-Kindergarten (PK) and Junior Kindergarten (JK). Sessions will begin the week of March 21.
PK Boys/PK Girls — Mondays at 5pm starting March 21 (Co-ed League)
JK Girls — Fridays at 5pm starting March 25
JK Boys — Fridays at 6pm starting March 25th
JK and SK T-Ball
For boys that are in Junior Kindergarten (JK) and Senior Kindergarten (SK). "Sessions" will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5pm for JK and 6pm for SK starting April 12. There will be 6 sessions, but due to spring rainouts (typically one per week), the season may be between 4 and 6 weeks long.
Baseball: 1st/2nd Grades, 3rd/4th Grades, & 5th Grade
Practices will start mid-late March. Games will go begin mid-late April and go through late May. There will be 6-8 total games.
Team Roster Formation Info
ALL rosters will be created based off friend requests. Even though we spend lots of time and effort to create teams that are split based off of the requests, you are NOT GUARANTEED to get your friend request(s).
A few more helpful reminders regarding registration:
- Please make sure that the email that you register with on your Active account is the best one to reach you! We send out all of our communication via email, so you will miss out on all updates if this email is incorrect.
- If your child is in kindergarten, please make sure you sign up for the correct age (PK, JK, or SK). For some registrations, JK and SK are both under the “K” tab, while Pre-K is separate.
- There are also multiple pages on our registration website. If you don’t see the age group you are looking for, it is probably on the next page.
- If you have played sports with us before and already have an Active account, please do not create a new one, as this creates multiple different accounts for the same family in our system.
Contact James Boone at with questions.
fitness Center & Track
Our Recreation Building has a fully furnished fitness room with fixed weight machines, free weights and 13 stations for cardiovascular workouts, plus a stretching table. Also, we have a rubberized 1/12 mile walking track.
Reservations are required to visit the Fitness Center and the Track. The main doors into the building are locked at all times, so please make a reservation so we know when to expect you and open the doors when you arrive. Upon arrival, please use the button to the side of the exterior building door to request entry.
- Fitness Center and Track reservations can be made here:
Fitness Center ReservationTrack Reservation
- Additionally, a membership to the Fitness Center is required. An annual membership fee to the Fitness Center ($85 per person; $125 per family) and Track ($20 per person) is required. Membership renewals are due each January. If a new member joins during the year, a pro-rated cost is available. Call Recreation (901-454-0034, ext. 158) for the pro-rated price if signing up before or after January.
Pay Fitness Center Fees
- Members must utilize the provided Clorox wipes to clean each piece of equipment after each use. Members should stay 6 feet apart from one another while in the Fitness Center.
Sports Weather Information Line
For the most up to date weather information on games/practices that will be going on at Second Presbyterian Church, please follow our Recreation Instagram page, @2pcsports.