The mission of the Second Presbyterian Church Sport and Recreation Ministry is to glorify God and build His church by using sports, fitness, and recreational activities to provide an environment for Christian fellowship, personal evangelism, and service to our city.
Fall sports registration open
Registration for fall sports will remain open until July 9 (link to register is below along with more details). Late sign-ups for this fall season will incur a fee and will not be guaranteed a spot.
- Please make sure that the email that you register with on your Active account is the best one to reach you. We send out all our communication via email, so this will ensure you stay up to date with our leagues.
- If you have played sports with us before and already have an Active account, please do not create a new one as this creates multiple different accounts for the same family in our system.
- Boys in 1st-6th grade cannot register for both soccer AND flag football as the practices and the game times will conflict.
If you have any further questions, contact Austin Bates at email@example.com.
Junior Kindergarten (JK): All sessions will be at 2PC on Fridays at 5pm for the girls and 6pm for the boys starting September 10 and going through October 22nd (no session on 10/8 due to fall break). During the first three sessions, the kids will rotate through “Skills and Drills” stations where they will get a good introduction to the basic skills and format of soccer as well as a scrimmage. The remaining sessions will be official games against the other 2PC teams.
SK–6th Grade Boys and Girls–Teams will practice once a week at 2PC (either Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday evening; date/time to be determined later by your team’s volunteer coach) and will begin on the week of August 23. Games will be played in a league called ESCRA on Saturdays against other church teams around the city of Memphis starting on September 11.
Personal shin guards required. Team jerseys (tops, shorts, and socks) and all other soccer equipment will be provided.
Fall flag football
Kindergarten (JK and SK): All sessions will be at 2PC on Tuesdays at 5pm for JK and 6pm for SK starting August 24 through September 28. During the first three sessions, the kids will rotate through “Skills and Drills” stations where they will get a good introduction to the basic skills and format of flag football as well as a scrimmage. The remaining sessions will be official games against the other 2PC teams.
1st–6th Grade: Teams will practice once a week at 2PC (either Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday evening; date/time to be determined later by your team’s volunteer coach) and will begin on the week of August 23. Games will be played in a league called ESCRA on Saturdays against other church teams around the city of Memphis starting on September 11.
Personal mouthguard required. Team jerseys (tops and shorts), flags, and all other football equipment will be provided.
fitness Center & Track
Our Recreation Building has a fully furnished fitness room with fixed weight machines, free weights and 13 stations for cardiovascular workouts, plus a stretching table. Also, we have a rubberized 1/12 mile walking track.
New guidelines and procedures are in place due to COVID-19 restrictions:
- The Fitness Center and Track are open for limited times, Monday–Saturday, and a limited number of people are allowed per 45-minute time slot (5 in the Fitness Center; 1 on the Track).
- Reservations are required to visit and must be made 24 hours in advance using the links below.
Fitness Center ReservationTrack Reservation
- A membership to the Fitness Center is required. An annual membership donation to the Fitness Center ($85 per person; $125 per family) and Track ($20 per person) is requested. Membership renewals are due each January. If a new member joins during the year, a pro-rated cost is available. Complete this form to join. (Copies are also available at the Recreation front desk.)
Pay Fitness Center Fees
Upon arrival, please use the button to the side of the exterior building door to request entry. All will be screened by our staff upon entry to the facility. Persons with a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted to use the facilities. Masks must be worn while entering/exiting but may be taken off once inside the Fitness Center or Track.
- Please print and sign this waiver upon your first arrival. (Copies are also available at the Recreation front desk.)
- Other important details: The water station is closed; please bring a water bottle from home. Towels are no longer provided. Members may only use one piece of equipment at a time (no circuit style stations or super sets; the entire dumbbell rack is considered one “piece”). Members MUST clean each piece of equipment after each use. Members should stay 6 feet apart from one another while in the Fitness Center.
Sports Weather Information Line
For weather information on games/practices that will be going on at Second Presbyterian Church please call our weather line at (901) 507-7888. The weather line is updated by 2:30pm on the weekdays and at 8:00am on Saturday mornings.